Here’s our six-step system to helping people find homes to rent.
Step 1 – You see a property we are advertising online that interests you.
Step 2 – If you like what you see and want to move on to the next step, we will ask some of the questions below.
- Which home are you interested in?
- Who will be the tenants? Just you? A couple or a family? A group of friends sharing?
- When do you need to move into a new property?
- What is the maximum rent you can afford?
- Do you want to keep pets there?
- How do your credit history and work / previous landlord references look?
We will then make sure your circumstances and affordability suit the property before going on to the next step. This way, we don’t waste anyone’s time.
Step 3 – An in-person viewing. Get a real-time feel for the place and its space and potential.
Step 4 – If you want the property, it’s time to act quickly. Properties across Shawlands, Dunoon, Cardonald and the surrounding areas are in very high demand.
You’ll complete our full application form and we will let the landlord know you wish to take the property. If they agree to rent it to you, you’ll need to pay a deposit, and the online referencing checks begin.
Step 5 – As long as everything comes back ok and is acceptable to the landlord, we can get you a moving-in date and complete the paperwork.
Step 6 – Moving-in day. We’ll hand over the keys and talk you through anything you need to know, such as utilities, and we’ll carry out a moving-in inventory.